Many people know that Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acids are needed for your health. These acids can help reduce inflammation, improve joint health, help with infant and child development, lower the risk of heart disease, and much, much more. If you ask most people how they could get more Omega 3’s in their diet, they would say to take fish oil supplements. While these supplements do contain some Omega 3’s, they’re not the most effective way of getting more of these necessary acids. In fact, they have a few downsides to them that most people don’t know about. Marine phytoplankton, on the other hand, offers much more than fish oil. Here are some of the ways it’s better than fish oil and other EPA products.
What Is EPA?
EPA is short for eicosapentaenoic acid, a type of long-chain Omega 3. It’s found in many different fish and other sea life, including shellfish. The other type of Omega 3 acids are short-chain fatty acids or alpha-linolenic acids (ALA). ALA acids are found in algae, marine phytoplankton, and various other plants.
Cutting Out the Middleman
Fish are high in Omega 3’s, but why is that? Because they eat things that are high in them! Fish eat marine phytoplankton and absorb the Omega 3’s found in them, which then makes the fish high in these fatty acids. By taking marine phytoplankton capsules or adding powdered marine phytoplankton to your meals, you’re essentially cutting out the middleman. You’re absorbing the ALA short-chain fatty acids just like a fish would. Of course, you’d need to eat a lot more marine phytoplankton than a fish would since you’re much larger, but that’s why these supplements are highly concentrated.
The Benefits of Using Marine Phytoplankton Instead of Fish Oils and Other EPA Supplements
Other than ingesting marine phytoplankton directly instead of through fish, why should you take this supplement instead of other EPA-based ones? There are a few reasons why marine phytoplankton is the better option:
- You’re doing the same thing fish do to build a strong immune system.
- You don’t have to worry about ingesting mercury, lead, or other heavy metals that are being found more and more in fish.
- You also don’t have to worry about ingesting any of the synthetic PCB chemicals that are now being found in fish.
- Marine phytoplankton is often grown in a controlled bioreactor instead of harvested from the oceans. This means that’s cleaner and safer.
- Ingesting supplements made from using this phytoplankton also means you’re not having any type of impact on the ocean life.
- You aren’t contributing to the decrease of the fish population or the over-fishing of certain areas.
Want to learn more about marine phytoplankton capsules or powders? You can read more about our products on our website or purchase them directly through Amazon.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.