This smoothie is loaded with phytochemicals and flavonoids that are well known for providing an array of health benefits.
Acerola cherry powder is an extremely concentrated vitamin C source. Add ground flaxseeds, and you’re giving your body a boost of healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- 15 frozen strawberries
- 1 small banana
- 1 orange
- 1 c. of unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1 tbs. of ground flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp. of acerola powder
- Water (optional)
- Remove strawberries from freezer, rinsing them with cold water and allowing them to thaw for up to 15 minutes.
- Peel both the banana and whatever other fruit you are using and break them up into chunks.
- Put all ingredients into the blender, tightening the lid and process until you get a smooth consistency.
- Take lid off and check the smoothie’s consistency. If you feel it’s too thick, add some water to it. Put the lid back and blend until smooth.
This wickedly healthy smoothie is guaranteed to make you feel energized all-day every day. Mix it up by adding a teaspoon of MCT Oil Powder, for some extra healthy fats,
or Lecithin Powder (available in three variations: Rapeseed, Sunflower and Soy), for that much needed protein.
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive the latest superfood tips and recipes straight to your inbox.
Bonus: you’ll receive a free recipe eBook with 13 delicious superfood smoothies!